A lot of friends and family members have been asking James and me if we are going to find out the sex of our baby at our big ultrasound (June 21st). We are not. We are going to stick it out and get through all the backaches, heartburn and pushing before we know. It’s really not that important to us, and I think that having a lot of neutral items on hand will be good for if we ever have another kid of the opposite gender as the first.
Anyway, to make this surprise as fun for everyone else as it is for us, I’ve decided to make a game out of it. Here is what we’re going to do:
- Click here and fill in the little form. This link will also remain over on the sidebar underneath the baby ticker.
- Careful not to check both boxes. If you click both in one go, the entry will not count.
- If you change your guess, you will still only get one entry, and I will use the one that comes in last. And no fair guessing after I give birth but before I post the details because I know how word spreads fast when reproduction is involved.
- I will draw a name (or names, depending on how generous I feel) from the pool of people who have guessed right. This might not happen immediately after the birth, but I will try to manage it in a timely fashion.
- The winner(s) will be contacted via email with information for redeeming their prize(s). I won’t be using your email for any other purpose.
So go have fun! If you agree with my mom and think it’ll be a girl, let me know. If you agree with James’ mom and think it’s a boy, say so. I don’t have a guess yet, and even if I did, I probably wouldn’t say, since that would likely make your guesses a little one-sided, don’t you think?