So, here is just a small way that you can help change the world for the better. I read an article today which directed me over to Energy Star’s Change a Light program.
The article was really illuminating (pun totally intended), since it pointed out the impact of small things on the global environment. I like things that are easy to do, like this. The idea is simple, the less energy used by little things like light bulbs, the less greenhouse gases go into the atmosphere.
Every light bulb or fixture you change to an ENERGY STAR will:
- Use 1/3 of the energy of a standard incandescent light
- Last up to 10 times longer
- Save an average of $30 or more in energy costs over its lifetime
- Prevent 450 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions over its lifetime
- Help preserve our energy resources
When I worry about big heavy things, I’m sure I’m not the only one who asks, “How can I make a difference… I’m just one person?” Well, here’s something that’s tiny, but really does make a difference. So consider swapping a couple bulbs, okay? It’s easy, and no one ever has to know that you care about the earth like those dirty hippies do. I won’t tell.